Friday, September 14, 2012

The Kite Runner

The Kite Runner is a pretty intense book and also very weird. I was shocked when I read the parts about Hassan getting raped. I didnt want to really read on because it was just flatout weird. Ive never read a book that has took place somewhere other than the United States so when I found out that this book took place in Afghanistan I tried to imagine that environment and what life would be like. The characters in
the Kite Runner are very strange. I thought Amir was a punk for just sitting there and watching his freind get raped. Like I dont know if he was scared but I dont understand how you can just sit there and watch an not help. Im excited to find out what the point of this book actually is because so far I just dont understand right now.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that I think it's really hard to understand how Amir can stand by and watch Hassan get raped without doing anything about it. For me, it was hard to like Amir after reading that part.

    That really is the turning point of the novel and throughout the rest you will be able to see how the guilt Amir feels changes the rest of his life.

    I hope you like it as you continue reading. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete